Where It All Started and Who I Am


Hi my name is Francesca! I am the force behind Homegrown Jewelry and wanted to introduce myself to all of you.
I am currently studying Business and Economics at Saint Michael’s College in Colchester, VT. I started making jewelry when I was 13 years old and have since created my own business (Homegrown Jewelry). I began as a completely self-taught artist, working mainly in wire. During my senior year I took classes with two local jewelers (Teresa and Silvio Mazzarese) where I learned more advanced techniques and worked with higher quality materials.
My jewelry is heavily inspired by natural elements, but with the simplicity and edge of street style trends. My work reflects life in Vermont but traveling has also been a huge influence on my work, whether it be to Italy or New Mexico. Throughout the years I have been a part of craft shows and other
art shows. I also showcase my work in the Visions of Vermont Fine Arts Gallery in Jeffersonville, VT. The support of my followers locally has been the driving force behind my success in the jewelry industry and I couldn’t be more thankful for this.
In the Fall of 2016 I applied and received a grant through the Frog Hollow Vermont Craft Gallery. This grant allowed me to purchase over $500 worth of brand new tools. Without this grant I would not have been able to purchase these tools for a very long time. I have since invested in more tools, including an official jeweler’s bench, to expand my home studio.
You can find my jewelry on Etsy, at pop-up shows, Visions of Vermont Fine Art Gallery, Sterling Ridge Lodge, and the Mount Washington Hotel. I have shipped pieces worldwide through Etsy and continue to sell in person more locally. 
2017 was a very exciting year for me. I attended the Girl Boss Conference in NYC, planned and hosted a Small Business Saturday Artisan Market, had lots of pop-up shows, exceeded my year goals, and a lot more. In 2018 I am hoping to push myself even farther, with lots of big ideas already in the works. 
I hope to continue to expand my business in the coming years and eventually be a full-time jeweler. For now I will be making as much jewelry, traveling, and keeping you all updated on the journey as much as possible. Thank you
to everyone who has supported me from the beginning and to those who have just joined, I can’t wait to show you what Homegrown Jewelry is all about.

Comments

  1. Hey Francesca! I really liked learning about how your brand came to be! This is your first blog and you killed it! You did a great job introducing yourself and made a really good transition into what your product is and what you are trying to accomplish! Congratulations on winning that $500. I'm sure that came to great use. From what I could see with the pictures and the video it seems like you have some really cool stuff! It's awesome that you are able to use easy to access materials and still make such beautiful pieces! I would have to say my favorite from all of your pieces that I have seen so far are your earrings. The video was really well made! I was impressed how everything really came together and your choice of music and background was a good one! I have no critiques on this blog but a suggestion. I would suggest trying to sell in Burlington during the fall because the farmers market attracts many people who are into that type of thing! Best of luck with your jewelry!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Jewelry: Not Just For Princesses

Use Your Resources